Motion Media customer Buck Design creates a stunning video fr Drake Cooper and the J.A and Kathryn Albertson Foundation. Check it out below, and be inspired.
Mar 25, 2013 Inspiration: Don’t Fail Idaho
Mar 1, 2013 3ds Max, Maya and Softimage Technology Previews
These videos are a technology preview. Autodesk wishes to caution you that these previews reflect technology research, and that actual events or results could differ materially from the preview. Also, these previews are not intended to be a promise or guarantee of future delivery of products, services or features but merely reflect technology research, which may change. Purchasing decisions should not be made based upon reliance on this preview. Autodesk does not assume any obligation to update any statements we make to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date of this technology preview.
Feb 25, 2013 Thinkbox Announces Krakatoa MY for Maya
Thinkbox Software today announced the release of Krakatoa MY, the high-volume particle renderer for the Autodesk Maya 3D software running on Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems.
Krakatoa MY seamlessly connects Autodesk Maya with the Krakatoa renderer and provides a number of features designed to accelerate artists’ workflow when manipulating millions of particles. Krakatoa MY shares the same rendering core with Krakatoa SR (Stand-alone Renderer) and Krakatoa MX (3ds Max) and will produce identical results given the same input data and settings.
Key features of Krakatoa MY include:
- Point or voxel representation of particle data, with various filter modes, motion blur and depth of field camera effects, and HDRI render passes output to OpenEXR files
- Simultaneous support of both additive and volumetric shading models, with per-particle control over color, emission, absorption, density and more
- Support for various light scattering algorithms, high-quality self-shadowing and occlusions from both geometry and DTEX maps
- Dedicated particle loader object supporting Krakatoa .PRT file sequences, RealFlow .BIN file sequences and .CSV file sequences, with the ability to offset, retime, combine and modify already cached particles
- Dedicated PRT Volume and PRT Fractal objects inside the Maya viewports provide procedural particle creation from polygon mesh volumes and mathematical algorithms
- Particle partitioning tools for caching multiple versions of the same simulation to combine into high-density particle clouds
- Particle repopulation for render-time conversion of low-count simulations into high-count particle clouds
“Versatility and performance have made Krakatoa a favorite tool among studios of all sizes for years. With the release of Krakatoa MY, we are thrilled to bring Maya users access to an efficient pipeline for particle effects creation, something they have been requesting for some time. We love feedback from our clients and are more than happy to go above and beyond to make whatever they want a reality so it’s exciting to see Krakatoa MY come to fruition,” said Chris Bond, founder, Thinkbox Software.
Krakatoa MY requires its own dedicated workstation license for interactive use inside of Autodesk Maya, but is compatible with the network rendering licenses used by the other Krakatoa implementations (Krakatoa SR and Krakatoa MX). Workstation and render license bundles are available at a reduced price.
Extension 2 for Autodesk® Maya® 2013 software is now available on the Autodesk Subscription Center. Extension 2 helps artists and studios with increased stability, usability, and performance. For more information, please refer to the Autodesk Subscription Center.
Autodesk MotionBuilder 2013 software service pack 2 (SP2) is now available.
SP2 includes several important fixes. For more information and the complete list of fixes included in this service pack, please refer to the Readme on the Autodesk MotionBuilder support page.
You must have Autodesk MotionBuilder 2013 or 2013 SP1 installed in order to install this service pack.
You can download the update from the Autodesk MotionBuilder support page.
Nov 20, 2012 Autodesk 3ds Max 2013 Product Update 6
Nov 1, 2012 Maxwell Render Patch 2.7.20 out now!
Some highlights of this latest patch include:
- Network stability improved
- Bug when displaying grass blades- fixed
- Support for HDR Light Studio V4 now also includes support for OSX/Linux
There are many more improvements and bugfixes. For the full list of release notes please click here.
Oct 29, 2012 Alienbrain 10.1 announced!
We are very happy to announce the release of Alienbrain 10.1.
See what’s new in Alienbrain 10.1:
Improved Thumbnail Support
- Thumbnails can now be displayed at 16×16 and 32×32 pixels.
- Thumbnails can now also be shown next to the status icon in Details Mode.
- Drawing of thumbnails has been speed up, reducing the time it takes to enumerate a folder
Oct 25, 2012 Pulldownit 2.0 40% off upgrade promotion
Pulldownit 2.0 upgrade promotion.
Customers with older versions of Pulldownit can upgrade to Pulldownit 2.0 for 40% off the list price.
Special 40% discount will be available for a limited time, and will change to a 20% upgrade discount once the promotion is over.
Contact a Motion Media sales Representative to upgrade today!
Oct 17, 2012 Maya BonusTools 2013 with Steven Roselle
Autodesk Maya Technical specialist Steven Roselle shares a workflow video with the new Maya BonusTools 2013.
Hi everyone. This will be a very quick post. I have two things to share with you…
1. The BonusTools installers for Maya 2013 Extension are now available. You can get them on the main BonusTools page (at the bottom) -> BonusTools Installers
B. I posted a movie of a couple of long time BonusTools that a lot of people are still unaware of. It’s actually two different but related tools called Draw Split and Draw Reduce. Here is a quick overview I put together a whille back.
Note: They are both plugins so you will need the correct version of BonusTools for whichever version of Maya you’re using.
*Bonus Tools 2013 is a free collection of useful Maya scripts and plug-ins.
*Bonus Tools are provided to you on an “AS-IS” basis; Autodesk® does not provide any support in connection with this collection of tools.