Cebas has announced a service pack update for finalRender 3.5 as well as a new automatic software updater, which is the first of it’s kind for a 3ds Max plugin. Check out the press release below for the details.
cebas Visual Technology Inc. is glad to announce the release of its 8thand latest Service Pack for finalRender 3.5 and finalRender 3.5 SE as well as for the integrated and standalone finalToon 3.5.
Service Pack 8 offers its users a mixture of fixes and major feature improvements allowing for smoother results, increased stability and dependability.
PLUS cebas is proud to present the launch of its FIRST ever automatic software update system – providing customers with hassle-free automatic Service Pack updates for fR 3.5 and future cebas products. It is simple, flexible and designed to accommodate users’ different needs.
cebas Visual Technology Inc. is the first company to introduce automatic software update system for 3dsmax plugins.
finalRender Changes in Service Pack 8
- An issue with Harmonics-GI and active camerafly mode has been isolated and resolved
- Issues with Hairfarm caused by multithreading have been isolated and fixed
- Fixes have been made in Render Elements outputting Geometric data, which was showing inconsistent results
- Repairs were made to Render Elements when used along with Hairfarm, which created inaccurate results
- Minor crashes when using Harmonics-GI have been resolved
- Minor crashes in fR-Dirt Material have been isolated and fixed
- Reported crash when using Distributed Network Rendering along with fR-Dirt material has been fixed
- Micro Triangle Displacement (MTD) now shows better and smoother results than before
finalToon Changes in Service Pack 8
- A possible glitch when using silhouette effects has been allocated and fixed
- An issue with lines missing from the final rendering has been repaired
cebas Autoupdate: Meticulously Developed, Simply run…
The Auto updater is built to help users get their FREE service packs and hotfixes for all cebas’ core products instantly and automatically. It is a quicker, easier way of staying up to date!
What’s brilliant about cebas Autoupdate, is that it allows customers to download their updates without having to worry about previous service pack versions getting overwritten or deleted.
cebas Autoupdate has the ability to archive and save previous Service Packs, so users have the luxury of referring back to the version of their choice any time.
Other features include the ability to control when and how often users can get their updates as well as where to store them.
Our new automatic software update system is currently in effect; all service packs and hotfixes starting SP8 will only be available via cebas Autoupdate download.
How to Get Service Pack 8
SP8 is available via cebas Autoupdate. Please read the “How to Get cebas Autoupdate” section for download instructions then check the cebas Autoupdate Help Video to guide you through the simple steps of getting your service pack update.
How to Get cebas Autoupdate
Current users can log into my.cebas.com and obtain the Auto Updater from their “View Product Registrations” account menu. Registered finalRender users will automatically see all available download options.
Customers not currently registered on www.cebas.com, or having problems downloading the Auto Updater can use the contact menu located on the homepage to drop us a line and provide all relevant information including serial number(s)… we are always glad to be of service!