Thinkbox Software launched Krakatoa C4D (Krakatoa for Cinema 4D), the first version of its high-volume particle renderer for MAXON CINEMA 4D, which is compatible with R14 and R15 running on OSX and Windows operating systems. Also available for Autodesk®Maya® and Autodesk® 3ds Max®, Krakatoa provides a powerful pipeline for quickly acquiring, caching, transforming, modifying, shading and rendering billions of particles. Contact your Motion Media representative for pricing.
Krakatoa C4D key features include:
- Point or voxel representation of particle data with various filter modes, motion blur and depth of field camera effects, and HDRI render passes output to OpenEXR files.
- Concurrent support for additive and volumetric shading models, with per-particle control over data including color, emission, absorption, density and more.
- Support for various light scattering algorithms, high quality self-shadowing and occlusions from geometry objects.
- Integration with the native particle systems of CINEMA 4D as well as with third party products like X-Particles by Insydium Ltd. and TurbulenceFD by Jawset Visual Computing.
- Dedicated objects for quick conversion of mesh volumes and surfaces to point clouds.
- Particle loader objects to read Krakatoa’s native .PRT file format as well as NextLimit RealFlow particle .BIN files and .CSV text files.
- Tools for saving particles to disk and support for saving multiple variations of the same simulation with different initial seeding using Batch rendering or via network rendering with Thinkbox Deadline to achieve higher particle counts.
- A powerful render-time particle repopulation option to produce high-density particle clouds from low count base simulations.
- Dedicated tools for creating “sticky” Camera Projection mapping for advanced dissolving effects.
“We recognize success for digital artists today depends on integrated solutions with the industry’s best tools,” said Harald Egel, MAXON co-founder and CEO. “Krakatoa is widely recognized as a leader in robust volumetric particle manipulation and rendering. The availability of Krakatoa for CINEMA 4D brings profound artistic freedom to VFX creatives.”