MARI is a production proven 3D digital paint tool, designed from the ground up to let you spend more time being creative and less time managing technical issues. Not only is MARI capable of handling super high-resolution textures and millions of polygons, it is open, scriptable and interacts well with other VFX tools and Photoshop, letting you work the way you want to.
Introducing MARI 1.5
Now being used for high-end digital painting on more than just film VFX thanks to new feature additions including:
- Overlapping UV - Save time with new support for overlapping UVs that allows the same texture to be re-used across 3D models in shared UV space, giving you the freedom of a smooth and robust workflow.
- Maya Texture Export - Seamlessly handle patch-based textures with new Maya texture export functionality.
- Shadow Support - MARI’s new shadow support lets you cast real-time shadows on objects from multiple light sources, increasing the realism of the render and allowing you to see the impact of dramatic lighting on textures.
- DDS Cubemap Support - Create amazing environment effects and accurately match the final look of assets with new cube map support.
- Mirroring in the Paint Buffer - Paint symmetrical objects faster with new mirroring support in MARI’s paint buffer.
- Normal Mapping functionality - Paint normal maps on the fly from bump maps to simplify and give flexibility to the artistic process.
- Photoshop ABR brush import - Import custom brushes from Photoshop and MARI remembers them, letting you paint freely with the familiar tools you know and love.
- Luminosity paint through - Get results faster with MARI’s new Luminosity paint through mode, letting you move from luminosity to alpha, adding live transparencies quickly and easily without having to jump back and forth from Photoshop.