Video Copilot just updated their Element Help page to include 2 new tutorials to talk about some of the less flashy features of Element 3D. These should really help you get going with the plug-in and hopefully show you some tricks you may not know about.
Beyond the Basics:
Everything you need to know to get started!
- Customizing UI
- Adding textures
- Basic texture mapping options
- Using animated custom texture maps
- Material settings overview
- Force Opacity
- Using multiple Groups
- Lighting & Ambient Occlusion
Importing Objects & Building Materials:
C4D tips, OBJ exporting and more!
- Exporting 3D objects for Element 3D
- Exporting from Blender & 3D Max (works with other software too)
- Tips for working with C4D files in Element
- Exporting multiple materials to view in Element
- Rebuilding materials with texture images
- Illumination maps and Occlusion maps
- Advanced Shader design and adjustments