Overview and FumeFX for Maya key features here.
May 29, 2013 FumeFX 3.5 for Maya
Apr 18, 2013 Learn to Destroy Buildings with Pulldownit for Maya
Ever wanted to destroy a building? Well make your dreams come true with Pulldownit 2.5 for Maya. Pulldownit is a dynamics solver which allows for the creation of fractures as well as massive rigid bodies simulation. By using its technology, digital artists are able to simulate the collapse of buildings quickly and easily, cracking surfaces and/or fracturing any kind of brittle material. I highly suggest adding it to your arsenal of Maya weapons.
Check out this great case study of a building collapse done by Ivan Khmel.
Final Building Collapse:
Apr 11, 2013 NAB 2013 Show Specials
Real-time image based lighting for the market leading visualization solution. The new HDR Light Studio 4 Live connection for Autodesk 3ds Max with Chaos Group V-Ray launches today.
The new HDR Light Studio 4 Live connection for Autodesk 3ds Max with Chaos Group V-Ray launches today. Artists can now light their scenes with real-time feedback using V-Ray RT as the ActiveShade renderer and HDR Light Studio’s innovative interactive HDR canvas. Sophisticated lighting environments can be created in moments to perfectly light and reflect in your shot. It’s an amazing new approach to light V-Ray scenes, seeing the lighting interact with your materials in your final shot. Continue reading “HDR Light Studio adds Live Connection for 3ds Max and Vray”…
Dec 11, 2012 Gravityless Uses Twixtor in a Very Cool Way
Check out this video called Gravityless on Vimeo that uses Twixtor from Re:Vision to slow things down and give it a very cool look and feel. If you want to do the same for your videos, check out Twixtor for yourself.
Imagineer Systems announced today that a new point release will be available for download on November 5, 2012. This new point release offers many customer requested improvements and significant new features for After Effects, Nuke, and Assimilate Scratch Users.
Version 3.1 will work with existing v3 licenses. No new license activation is required.
What’s New in mocha Pro v3.1
- Greatly improved Lens Module
- Ability to import and use External Distortion Maps in all mocha Pro modules
- Ability to export rasterized Distortion Maps for Nuke, Fusion, Flame and more.
- Support for export to new mocha Lens plug-in for After Effects.
- 3D Camera export to HitFilm2 from FXhome
- RED (R3D) file support
- Export colored roto shapes directly to Nuke and After Effects (or render externally)
- Seamlessly export Planar Tracking data to ASSIMILATE SCRATCH 7
What’s New in mocha AE v3.1
- mocha AE v3.1 strengthens its toolset with a workflow for handling lens distorted footage and format support enhancements including:
- New Lens Module for analyzing and calibrating clips;
- New mocha Lens plug-in for After Effects users, enabling artists to paste lens data directly to the After Effects timeline to distort or undistort layers. mocha Lens is a free plug-in and works with Adobe CS4-CS6.
- RED (R3D) file support;
- Ability to export color roto shapes to mocha shape for AE plug-in.
- 3D Camera Export to HitFilm 2 Ultimate
Oct 25, 2012 Pulldownit 2.0 40% off upgrade promotion
Pulldownit 2.0 upgrade promotion.
Customers with older versions of Pulldownit can upgrade to Pulldownit 2.0 for 40% off the list price.
Special 40% discount will be available for a limited time, and will change to a 20% upgrade discount once the promotion is over.
Contact a Motion Media sales Representative to upgrade today!
Oct 25, 2012 Sitni Sati releases FumeFX 3.5
FumeFX 3.5 has been released. It brings many improvements, including the boundless grid and Field3D support.
Customers can download FumeFX 3.5 from the Sitni Sati Members area.
What’s new in FumeFX 3.5
– Boundless grid with complete control over boundaries.
– Added support for Field3D file format.
– Changing the Effector’s name will automatically update its name inside the FumeFX UI.
– Continue from cache in a bigger grid.
– Volume emission with Object Source.
– MXS command ffxSilent – no Message box will show up (like Stop/Continue, etc).
– Multiple Scattering for PreviewWindow
– Multiple Scattering option to cast and receive, so if you have a scene with many grids and want to avoid MS computation overhead, this should be handy.
– Ability to imprint various info to the Preview Window output.
– From the Obj/Src rollout, right click on object/src to select it in the viewport that will automatically enable PinUI option. Multi selection is also possible,
– Paths will show inside the Asset Manager
– Pin UI will keep the UI opened even if FumeFX is deselected. You can position lights and objects and GPU PW will update as well.
– Preview Window has a new menu option “Lock to Viewport”, so you can work on the scene setup in various viewports and PW will always display the chosen one.
– FumeFX Gravity parameter can have negative value
– Sim Loop Mode option to reset sim at the beginning of each loop.
– Added tooltips to output paths text boxes, so that users can see very long paths.
– Added support for picking groups of nodes from Scene Selection window. Works with:
– objects list
– illumination lights list
– object source objects list
– particle source particle list
– Added support for changing parameters for FumeFX deflector objects for all group members if grouping button is enabled (‘G’)
Aug 20, 2012 Service Pack 11 for FinalRender 3.5
cebas Visual Technology Inc. has just released its 11th service pack for finalRender 3.5 as well as for the integrated and standalone finalToon 3.5.
The build is targeted to provide specific fixes to rare crashes as well as to further support the core of our rendering power-tool.
Changes in finalRender 3.5 Service Pack 11 include:
- CORE: A few issues with caustics producing inaccurate surfaces as a result are now fixed
- CORE: Rare incidents of crashing with extruded splines have been addressed
- SHADERS: Rare incidents of the velvet shader causing 3ds Max to crash have been addressed
- SHADERS: Gradient 3d map rollout is now added
- SHADERS: Issues with tension and curvature are also fixed
How to Get Service Pack 11
SP11 is available via cebas Autoupdate. Please read the “How to Get cebas Autoupdate” section for download instructions then check the cebas Autoupdate Help Video as well as the cebas Autoupdate 2.0 video to guide you through the simple steps of getting your service pack update.
How to Get cebas Autoupdate
Current users can log into my.cebas.com and obtain the Auto Updater from their “View Product Registrations” account menu. Registered finalRender users will automatically see all available download options.
Customers not currently registered on www.cebas.com, or having problems downloading the Auto Updater can use the contact menu located on the homepage to drop us a line and provide all relevant information including serial number(s)… we are always glad to be of service!