Procedurally modeling Urban Environments with Esri CityEngine
CityEngine is the tool of choice for 3D Urban environment content for movies, games, and commercials. Don’t waste time modeling hundreds or even thousands of buildings and streets by hand. Using CityEngine’s rule-based modeling, an arbitrary number of buildings can be created automatically from a set of rules describing building types. Thanks to these procedural modeling techniques, a city model can remain flexible throughout the production process. Professionals modeling 3D Cities turn to CityEngine to maximize time and investment where manual 3D modeling would otherwise be too costly. Once your 3D City Model is complete, exporting to third party modeling software, rendering or game-engine of choice is simple using python, the CityEngine SDK, traditional 3D formats, or E-on Software’s LumenRT plugin for Geodesign.
Join us for a closer look at how Procedural Modeling can benefit your 3D production pipeline.
When: Thursday Sept. 19, 1pm PST
This webinar covers:
- Procedurally modeling urban environments
- Harnessing Existing City Data to automate the 3D City Modeling Process
- Creating Realistic, Futuristic, and Fantasy Cities in 3D
- The New Features for the upcoming CityEngine 2013 release
- How to share 3D city scenes in the browser (WebGL)
- How CityEngine can be fully Integrated with E-on Software’s LumenRT
LumenRT GeoDesign is a plug-in extension for LumenRT that delivers high-fidelity Immersive Nature for ESRI CityEngine users.
Seamlessly integrated into ESRI CityEngine (the leading solution for City Planners and Urban Design), LumenRT GeoDesign adds rich natural elements including wind-blown plants and trees, moving vehicles, animated people, lights, water, and skies directly to CityEngine scenes.
With a single command, the entire scene is transformed into an immersive, interactive LiveCube™ allowing clients, customers, contractors, and colleagues to explore designs in vivid photorealistic 3D. With LumenRT GeoDesign, users can:
- Create urban scenes surrounded in a complete natural environmental context
- Perform lighting and time-of-day shadow studies
- Add wave-animated water such as ponds, lakes, and rivers
- Build detailed streets and intersections complete with moving vehicles and street lighting Design parks and forests with thousands of wind-animated trees
- Author attention grabbing videos and images for presentations
- Share designs with anyone using a PC or Mac
Geoff Taylor: Solutions Engineer (3D Markets) at Esri
Geoff Taylor is a Solution Engineer for Esri’s 3D markets. Working out of Esri’s Redlands, California office, he supports the 3D workforce in the movie, TV, gaming, and architectural industries with their 3D urban design needs & CityEngine implementation.
David Burdick: Vice President of Marketing E-on Software.