Atomos has announced software updates for both the Atomos Ninja 2 and the Atomos Ronin models. You now have the ability to output from the 5D MkIII to the Ninja 2 as well as make it SMPTE REC 709 compliant recordings. This, plus a number of other new features make the update a great one, and we highly recommend downloading it now.
From the announcement:
We hope you are enjoying the great features of the Ninja 2. As always we have been working hard to offer even more features for your investment. We have some cool additions for you.
We now give you the ability to correct the output given from the 5D MkIII to the Ninja 2 and make it SMPTE REC 709 compliant recordings. Samurai Blade users also have the same option for use with the 5D MkIII.
We have also added universal audio adjustment of up to 10 frames for both digital and analog audio on Ninja 2. Great for Canon 5D MkIII’s analog audio recording with the Ninja 2 adjusting the 4-5 frame delay. Nikon D800 users can adjust the 3 second delay on the HDMI digital audio.
Ninja 2 now supports the Sony FS700 HDMI timecode and remote start stop flags for frame accurate trigger of camera and Ninja 2.
NINJA-2 AtomOS 4.12
• Added Canon 5D Mark III input colour correction to match REC709 standard, option found in Menu/Display
• Enabled frame accurate audio delay option to adjust any digital or analog Audio delays. Option found in Audio page.
• Nikon D800 users will need to set their audio delay to 3 frames – old audio delay settings will be reset.
• 5DMkIII users can now adjust the 4-6 frames audio delay from the analog audio out of the camera
• Alpha 99 users can adjust for the 1 frame audio delay.
• Any Digital or analog audio discrepancy can be adjusted
• Added Sony HDMI record start/stop triggering for the FS700 and other capable cameras
• Clear the state of the loop in/out buttons when playing a new video.
RONIN & RONIN DUO AtomOS 4.11
This is the production release for Ronin AtomOS 4.11
For more information see: http://www.atomos.com/ronin-