Chaos Group has announced the open beta for V-Ray 1.6 for Sketchup. This massive upgrade to V-Ray for SketchUp includes a series of new feature introductions that enhance visualization workflow and render quality (V-Ray RT®, V-Ray Dome Light), and streamline scene complexity (V-Ray Proxy).
V-Ray 1.6 for SketchUp Key Features
Rendering Engine Upgrades:
- V-Ray RT – This CPU-supported rendering engine streamlines scene setup and provides instant visual feedback directly in SketchUp for quicker design, material, and lighting decisions.
- Dome Light – Creates simple, artifact-free image-based lighting through importance sampling of HDR images and optimization tools for light tracing and GI precision.
- Lights as Components – V-Ray lights can now be part of a SketchUp component, making the process of changing the design and settings of multiple lights at once much easier.
- Sphere Light – Creates spherically shaped area lights.
- V-Ray Proxy – Manages scene memory and efficiently renders large amounts of geometry to increase detail and complexity in scenes. V-Ray Proxy objects are dynamically loaded and unloaded at render time, which saves vital RAM resources.
Open Beta Application Process and Beta Duration
This beta program will be open to everyone who wants to take part in it and users will not need a dongle to participate. More details here.